Thursday, March 6, 2008

Taliana is FINALLY 6!


The day Taliana has been waiting for..... she has FINALLY turned 6 years old. She has been waiting for this day for about 364 days. Here were our events for the day....

Jason, Ammon and I woke Taliana up by singing happy birthday to her. We then went down stairs to eat breakfast together. (Which is rare these days for a weekday. I usually make a nice breakfast either Saturday or Sunday morning so we can all sit down and eat together.) I made crepes... Taliana's favorite breakfast.

We all headed to school. Jason and I were parent helpers in Taliana's class. I usually help every-other Wednesday, but this was Jason's first time going. He had a lot of fun and the kids did too. He was in charge of the science center. The kids had to predict how many drops of water could go on top of a penny before it spilled over the edge. It was really cool. I was at the math table helping the kids glue beans to their paper. Ahhhh... remember the good 'ole days of Kindergarten?? We had to bring a class treat for Taliana's birthday, so I make rice crispie treats. There is a girl in the class who can't have milk, so this was the best thing to make. However, I did make her a special one with just sprinkles because the others had frosting and M&Ms in the middle. (both containing milk products.) They turned out really cute. They are MUCH better than making cupcakes. They are less messy and you don't have to worry about taking off the paper wrapper before the kids eat through it. If you want to know how to make them, then just let me know.

After school we went to eat lunch. Taliana wanted mashed potatoes so we went to KFC. Yummy! Taliana used to not like mashed potatoes, but I told her that Tana (her cousin she idolizes) loves them, now she asks for them all the time. Mothers... yes, we can be tricky at times.

When we got home I sent Taliana over to her friends Abi's house so I could finish up her present. I wasn't able to finish it the night before because I was finishing the class treat. I made her a magnet board. Jason painted it the night before then I cut out these flowers from a cute scrapbook paper then glued it on with Mod Podge. Taliana is always taping her art projects to her wall in the bedroom, so now she has somewhere to put it.



That night we all went out to dinner. SIZZLER! Taliana favorite place to eat because she can make her very own ice cream treat. We tried to help her at the salad bar, but she just replied, "I can do it. I'm 6 now."



When we got home, Taliana had to go look for her presents. I hide their presents and then we play the hot and cold game to find them. Just adds a little more fun to the day. Ammon gave Taliana UNO spin game, which we all played. Definitely a fun family game! Jason and I are buying Taliana a new bike, but we have to take Taliana to the store to pick it out. And the magnet board was from Malia. It was a fun day!

It's just crazy how time has flown by. I can still remember being pregnant with Taliana and wondering if she was EVER going to come out. (She was 8 days over due.) And now she is 6. But now she says she can't wait until she is 8 so she can be baptized!

0 comments: