The other day while I was doing Taliana's hair we had an interesting conversation...
- Taliana: "Mom, why do you always talk to yourself?"
- Me: "What do you mean?"
- Taliana: "You know... when you are moving your lips and nothing comes out but you are moving your head and eyes."
- Me: "Oh, all moms do that."
- Taliana: "Does your mom do that?"
- Me: "Yep!"
- Taliana: "Oh" -- then she says under her breath... "I hope I don't do that when I'm a mom." Funny thing is... she JUST DID IT! hahahaha!
I remember observing my mom when I was younger. She used to talk to herself while she did the dishes (probably because she was upset that she was left doing them by herself - SORRY MOM!) and she used to talk to herself while she was driving. Which is what I have adapted to doing. I used to be SO embarrassed that she would do that (but NOW people are talking to themselves all over the place (aka. bluetooths)).
Anyways... I just thought it was funny and a GREAT observation on Taliana's part! Don't worry... ALL moms do that!
ps... Mom, I still love you. I now understand why you NEEDED that time to talk to yourself!