Monday, December 29, 2008
Posted by KaufusiFamily at 1:12 PM
Monday, December 8, 2008
Malia and I just got back from Laie, Hawaii. I went with my sister in-law Alesi to surprise her sister (Kristina) who is going to school at BYU-Hawaii. We had a GREAT time! It was a quick trip, but it was nice to get away.
Things I miss about the island....
- The long scenic drive from "town" to Laie. The one hour drive didn't seem that bad when you are spoiled with the beautiful landscape of O'ahu.
- The beach. Hukilau Beach was just across the street. It was SO great to be able to go to the beach in December.
- PCC (aka... Polynesican Cultural Center). We hung out at the Fijian village with Kristina and her friends. Malia loved the attention from the girls and I loved watching Alesi visit with friends she new while going to school there.
- Relaxing and hanging out with Kristina and the girls. Malia was in heaven with all the attention she got from all the girls. It was SO nice to be able to relax while Malia was being entertained.
- Listening to Alesi speak Fijian. (by the way Alesi... I don't care what that Tahitian boy said... it doesn't sound like you are throwing up when you speak Fijian. hahahah)
- The Aloha stadium swap meet. We woke up at 6am to be at the swap meet by 7am. I think we were the first ones there. We had TONS of fun walking around and trying to narrow down our purchases.
- Fabric Mart. For those of you who know me... I LOVE FABRIC! We found this store that sells nothing BUT hawaiian print fabric for such a GREAT price. I wanted to spend ALL my money there, but unfortunately it was only our second day on the island and I had to budget. So... I acted with self-control and only got two different fabrics. Next time though... watch out!
- L&L's. For those of you who've eaten at L&Ls either in Salt Lake City or in Hawaii. You know what I'm talking about. YUMMY! My favorite L&Ls is on Waikiki Beach, but I found my second favorite... Pearl City. And the great thing about the Pearl City one is... it is in the same parking lot at Wal-Mart. How great is that??
- The Caf (aka... BYUH cafeteria). They had YUMMY food and it almost tasted like it was a home-cooked meal.
- The humidity. I know... I'm one of "those" people that LOVE humidity.
Thank you Alesi for allowing Malia and I to tag along with you. We had SO much fun and can't wait until next year!
Posted by KaufusiFamily at 1:33 PM
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Okay... so I saw this tag post on a friend's blog (thanks Emily) and wanted to do it. So... here it is...
Here’s a list of 100 things. All the things I’ve done are highlighted in red. Copy this list on your own blog and come clean on everything you’ve done. Do it. You know you want to.
- Started your own blog
- Slept under the stars
- Played in a band (6th grade band class counts, right?)
- Visited Hawaii
- Watched a meteor shower
- Given more than you can afford to charity
- Been to Disneyland
- Climbed a mountain
- Held a praying mantis
- Sang a solo
- Bungee jumped
- Visited Paris
- Watched a lightning storm at sea
- Taught yourself an art from scratch
- Adopted a child
- Had food poisoning
- Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- Grown your own vegetables
- Seen the Mona Lisa in France
- Slept on an overnight train
- Had a pillow fight
- Hitch hiked
- Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (who hasn't?)
- Built a snow fort
- Held a lamb
- Gone skinny dipping (shhh, don't tell)
- Run a Marathon (does a 1/2 marathon count?)
- Ridden in a gondola in Venice
- Seen a total eclipse
- Watched a sunrise or sunset
- Hit a home run (wahoo for YW softball)
- Been on a cruise
- Seen Niagara Falls in person
- Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (does Hurricane, UT count?)
- Seen an Amish community
- Taught yourself a new language
- Had enough money to be truly satisfied
- Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
- Gone rock climbing
- Seen Michelangelo’s David
- Sung karaoke
- Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
- Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
- Visited Africa
- Walked on a beach by moonlight
- Been transported in an ambulance
- Had your portrait painted
- Gone deep sea fishing
- Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
- Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
- Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
- Kissed in the rain
- Played in the mud
- Gone to a drive-in theater
- Been in a movie
- Visited the Great Wall of China
- Started a business
- Taken a martial arts class
- Visited Russia
- Served at a soup kitchen
- Sold Girl Scout Cookies
- Gone whale watching
- Got flowers for no reason
- Donated blood, platelets or plasma
- Gone sky diving
- Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
- Bounced a check
- Flown in a helicopter
- Saved a favorite childhood toy
- Visited the Lincoln Memorial
- Eaten Caviar
- Pieced a quilt
- Stood in Times Square
- Toured the Everglades
- Been fired from a job
- Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
- Broken a bone (Thank you Jennifer)
- Been on a speeding motorcycle
- Seen the Grand Canyon in person
- Published a book
- Visited the Vatican
- Bought a brand new car
- Walked in Jerusalem
- Had your picture in the newspaper
- Read the entire Bible
- Visited the White House
- Killed and prepared an animal for eating
- Had chickenpox
- Saved someone’s life
- Sat on a jury
- Met someone famous
- Joined a book club
- Lost a loved one
- Had a baby
- Seen the Alamo in person
- Swam in the Great Salt Lake
- Been involved in a law suit
- Owned a cell phone
- Been stung by a bee
- Visited Italy
Isn't it crazy that I have lived in Salt Lake City now for 9 years and I have NEVER swam in the Great Salt Lake?? hmmmm.
So I’ve done 56 out of 100 things. I guess that means I'm sort of adventurous, right? However... I did most of those things while in high school and during college. Thank you mom and dad for giving me those GREAT opportunites of traveling.
Posted by KaufusiFamily at 10:38 AM
Saturday, November 15, 2008
I can't believe my baby is already a year old. It has gone by TOO fast. She has grown up so much these past few months. I haven't gone to the Dr. yet, so I don't know her "stats". However, I did put her on the scale at the Vet a few weeks ago and she was 27.6 pounds. So... she is still REALLY healthy.
Here are a few of her favorite things...
* Dance - she loves to dance whenever she hears music
* Shoes - she brings them to me so I can put them on her.
* Meesha - When we get home the first thing she does to run to Meesha's kennel to let her out.
* Bite - I know this is a negative thing, but... I am finding it hard for her to understand that the person receiving the bite is NOT as happy as she is actually giving the bite.
* Blankies - She has 4 favorite blankies (the soft kinds) that she cannot live without. She has them all in her crib and has to have ALL of them in her arms to fall asleep. The other day I could hear her screaming from upstairs, so I ran up and she was trying to pull out her blankets through the slats in the crib and they were stuck. So, as soon as she had them all in her arms she was happy as could be.
* Dora couch - Grandma Kaufusi gave her a Dora couch for her birthday. The kinds that folds out to a bed. She loves to sit and lay on it. She changes it from bed to couch constantly. It keeps her entertained for a good hour. Before she actually lays still enough to fall asleep.
* Follow - She loves to follow Taliana and Ammon around. It is SO funny... if Ammon is playing with his light-saber, then Malia has to have a light-saber to play with too. And if Taliana is playing with her babies, Malia has to have a baby in her arms as well.
* Pretties - Malia loves to have "pretties" (aka bows) in her hair. She also loves to rip them out and have you put them back in.
* Piggie-back rides - Malia loves when I give her piggie-back rides down the stairs. She knows how to come down the stairs on her own, but sometimes she will yell "mom, mom, mom, mom" from the top of the stairs so I can come get her to give her a ride down.
We feel very blessed to have Malia a part of our family. It was worth the LONG wait. Now I am left with one thought... do I keep her as the youngest or do I give her another play-mate? Hmmmm...... decisions, decisions!
Here is Malia in her favorite spot. Malia loves to get her morning bottle and sit on the stairs and drink it. She thinks she is such a big girl because she can sit and kick her feel while she drinks her bottle. And of course.... her blankie in the other hand.
The night of her birthday I was in the kitchen helping Taliana with Malia's birthday cake. We noticed things were quiet and we couldn't hear Malia. We went into the Family room and here was Malia. She had found a sucker and opened it and nestled into Ammon chair and was watching TV and eating her sucker. It was too cute that I couldn't get mad at her (after all... it was her birthday). So... I just grabbed the camera and snapped a picture.
Taliana made this birthday cake for Malia. Jason had to work late that night, so we decided to do a little party of our own. Which consisted of Malia'a favorite dinner... Top Ramen. Malia loved her cake. Thanks Taliana, you are such a great big sister!
Here is Malia getting ready to blow out her candle. Sorry... I was also video taping, so I only got a picture of her just before we set down the cake.
Posted by KaufusiFamily at 2:05 PM
We always get a photo taken when we go. We have built up a pretty good collection....
Posted by KaufusiFamily at 12:26 PM
Sunday, November 9, 2008
I have to give a BIG shout out to my sister in-law Alesi. She ran a half-marathon, then jumped in the car (with her family) and drove 4+ hours to be here for Malia's first birthday. Thank you SO much for coming up. It meant so much for ALL of us that you came. I'm sad it was only a short visit, but hopefully we can get together again soon.
Posted by KaufusiFamily at 3:23 PM
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Okay... I don't mean to complain... but... what is going on in the state of Utah that almost everyone I know is sick?? Don't the germs know that I am TRYING to host a fabulous birthday party for my cute Malia?? I think half of my guests have called or emailed to tell me that they are sick and will not be coming to the festivities. I thought I picked a good weekend... but as my luck goes... "I'm just not lucky".
Posted by KaufusiFamily at 10:27 PM
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Ammon was "Anikan Skywalker" from Star Wars the Clone Wars.
Malia was a little monkey. Each of my kids have worn this costume for their first Halloween so I was SO excited when Jason found this costume the night before. I thought had given it back to my sister Jennifer (the rightful owner - my mom made this costume for her daughter Tana on her first Halloween).
Posted by KaufusiFamily at 11:52 AM
Monday, November 3, 2008
Posted by KaufusiFamily at 5:16 PM
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Posted by KaufusiFamily at 10:15 PM
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Ammon and his pumpkin - sorry... I didn't clean off my dishes before the photoshoot. By the way... my pumpkin is the polka-dot one behind Ammon's.
Taliana designed her own pumpkin - if you can't tell... those are HEART eyes. (of course)
Posted by KaufusiFamily at 5:09 PM
Posted by KaufusiFamily at 4:42 PM
Thursday, October 9, 2008
I used to tease my cousin all the time when we were younger because her family would drive up from Las Vegas to "look at the colors". I just thought it was ODD that they named the drive as "looking at the colors". But now that I am older (and hopefully wiser) I now appreciate all the beautiful colors that we are blessed with at this time of year. I LOVE to drive around and "look at the colors". Jennifer was in town last week taking pictures for her step-daughter's wedding announcements, so we decided to tag along and have her take pictures of the kids in Provo Canyon. It was a hectic day. None of the kids matched - so there was NO group shot. Taliana refused to let me blow-dry her hair with a round brush. I was only able to straighten it with the flat iron. So... that is why her hair is SO flat! It wasn't a good day for Malia either. She refused to smile for Jennifer and would barely look at her while she was taking her pictures. But... there were a few good ones that Jennifer snapped and I do have to say that I really like the candid ones the best. And Ammon... he was happy just as long as he was wearing his JEANS! (this kid can't live without them. He wore them ALL summer long!)
Anyways... here are a few of the pictures....
Posted by KaufusiFamily at 5:11 PM