Monday, March 31, 2008

Reality Check!

Okay... spring break is over and Taliana and Ammon are back in town. Malia and I flew down to St. George Wednesday night and then Jason drove down Thursday afternoon. It was nice to get away from the cold weather of Salt Lake, but the weather wasn't as warm down in St. George as I had hoped it to be. At least it was warmer that Salt Lake City. (My parents live in Gunlock, so my kids get mad when I say we are going to St. George when we are actually going to Gunlock. BIG difference!) It was fun to spend time with my family. Taliana and Ammon always love to go down to St. George. Ammon started crying when we were getting ready to leave. He said he wants to live in Gunlock forever. But he wanted me to go to Salt Lake and pack up his room and move it down to Gunlock so he could live in it there. It was funny.

We drove back last night and went through the WORST snow storm I've been in this winter. We hit snow around Beaver and then fog the rest of the way home. We had to stop in Filmore so I could feed Malia. So in all.... it took us 5 and a 1/2 hours. Jason was so frustrated by the time we got home he didn't even say a word. He likes to speed home and try to make record time every time we drive down and back. He usually won't even stop for bathroom breaks, but with a new baby he gives me 15 minutes to feed and change the diaper and then we are on our way.

So... I was hoping for warmer weather... and I woke up to 5 inches of snow all over the place. Jason was tired from driving so he slept in with Malia and I took the kids to school. Usually I won't drive in the snow, but I felt bad for Jason. So I was brave and drove the kids to school... going 25 miles and hour on the freeway of course. Taliana commented on the way to school, "Mom, you are going way too slow. Dad never lets this many cars pass him." Yea, Jason doesn't like it when anyone passes him. hahaha

0 comments: