Monday, March 31, 2008

The DI shopper

Okay... so since my dad has retired he loves to go shopping. His favorite place to shop is the D.I. (Deseret Industries). He comes home weekly with a car load of "good deals". My brother, Sean, teases him because my dad will go and buy bikes for all the grandchildren to ride when they are at his house. However, what my dad doesn't know is that Sean will take a load of his "good deals" back to the DI. Sean says my dad has bought this one particular bike 3 (three) times. HAHAHA! We still love you dad!

When we were down in Gunlock last weekend my dad had just purchased a wheelchair from you know where.... the DI of course! My kids thought that was the coolest thing ever and played most of the day with it. My dad saw them and said, I was at the DI yesterday and I saw another wheelchair there and it was only $15. By the time I thought about what a "good deal" that was I turned around and it was gone. He said he looked all over the place and couldn't find it. He was bummed. He said, "it would have been fun for the grandkids to have wheelchair races with." However... if you've ever been to my parents house... they live on five acres and they don't have any paving in their drive way. It is just gravel. So I was thinking.... the only place the grandkids could "race" the wheelchairs would be on the main road. Can you imagine what a sight that would be?? I'm sure the people of Gunlock would be thinking.... "great, there goes those crazy Taylor grandkids again." Hmmm.

0 comments: