Monday, December 29, 2008
Posted by KaufusiFamily at 1:12 PM
Monday, December 8, 2008
Malia and I just got back from Laie, Hawaii. I went with my sister in-law Alesi to surprise her sister (Kristina) who is going to school at BYU-Hawaii. We had a GREAT time! It was a quick trip, but it was nice to get away.
Things I miss about the island....
- The long scenic drive from "town" to Laie. The one hour drive didn't seem that bad when you are spoiled with the beautiful landscape of O'ahu.
- The beach. Hukilau Beach was just across the street. It was SO great to be able to go to the beach in December.
- PCC (aka... Polynesican Cultural Center). We hung out at the Fijian village with Kristina and her friends. Malia loved the attention from the girls and I loved watching Alesi visit with friends she new while going to school there.
- Relaxing and hanging out with Kristina and the girls. Malia was in heaven with all the attention she got from all the girls. It was SO nice to be able to relax while Malia was being entertained.
- Listening to Alesi speak Fijian. (by the way Alesi... I don't care what that Tahitian boy said... it doesn't sound like you are throwing up when you speak Fijian. hahahah)
- The Aloha stadium swap meet. We woke up at 6am to be at the swap meet by 7am. I think we were the first ones there. We had TONS of fun walking around and trying to narrow down our purchases.
- Fabric Mart. For those of you who know me... I LOVE FABRIC! We found this store that sells nothing BUT hawaiian print fabric for such a GREAT price. I wanted to spend ALL my money there, but unfortunately it was only our second day on the island and I had to budget. So... I acted with self-control and only got two different fabrics. Next time though... watch out!
- L&L's. For those of you who've eaten at L&Ls either in Salt Lake City or in Hawaii. You know what I'm talking about. YUMMY! My favorite L&Ls is on Waikiki Beach, but I found my second favorite... Pearl City. And the great thing about the Pearl City one is... it is in the same parking lot at Wal-Mart. How great is that??
- The Caf (aka... BYUH cafeteria). They had YUMMY food and it almost tasted like it was a home-cooked meal.
- The humidity. I know... I'm one of "those" people that LOVE humidity.
Thank you Alesi for allowing Malia and I to tag along with you. We had SO much fun and can't wait until next year!
Posted by KaufusiFamily at 1:33 PM