Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Baby Shower

Last weekend my sisters (including sister in-laws) and I gave a baby shower for my nephew's wife, Camille. We had it in Shelly's newly remodeled back yard. It was a great day (excluding the nasty gusts of wind). I just wanted to post a few pictures. My sister, Jennifer, and I planned all the food. We had SO much fun planning and we weren't totally realistic about the time and effort it would take. But as I was telling Camille, "we are over achievers."

Instead of serving the regular boring fruit tray, Jennifer thought it would look prettier if we created a bouquet of fruit. If you've ever seen an "edible arrangement" before, this is where we got the idea. We (Jennifer, Alesi and I) cut the fruit shapes. We used a cookie cutter to cut the pineapple into daisy shapes and I free handed cut the honeydew into tulips. (You kind of have to use your imagination when you look at the honeydew) It was fun. But the true talent came from Jennifer who actually arranged the bouquet. I have no skill or creativity when it comes to that so I just assembled what she told me and she arranged it in the basket. There is styrofoam in the bottom of the basket and the fruit is stuck on skewers. Then the skewers are stuck into the styrofoam. The coverage on the bottom is shredded green and purple cabbage. I loved how it turned out and HAD to take a picture.Jennifer, Sarah and I went in together on our presents for Camille. I love to go in on presents because you can give more than just something little. So... we gave her a diaper cake and some burp cloths made from cloth diapers. Sorry, I didn't get a picture of the burp cloths. But I did get a picture of the diaper cake. If you've never made one, you are missing out. It is the BEST present to give. Every new mother needs diapers. But it's boring to just give the bag, so have fun with it. You can put anything around it to embellish it. Sarah just got a few little things from Camille's Target registry and we put them around. Super cute!
Shelly and Robert just added an outdoor kitchen in their back yard. My brother, Travis, built it. I wish I would have taken more detailed pictures of it, because this picture does NOT give it justice. Also, my brother, Sean, built these metal doors for the cupboards. (sorry no picture) I will take some the next time I am down and then post them. So... check back.

2 comments:

emily w. said...

Everything looks so cute. You Taylors are one talented bunch!

Taylors said...

The shower was so cute. It was so nice of you to take time to come down and help. I am in awe of your tallents! Everyone did a good job. That is going to be one lucky baby.