Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Poor Ammon






I noticed a small set of blisters on Ammon's left leg on Saturday morning. By Saturday night the rash of blisters had spread to 2 LARGE patches. By Monday morning the rash had spread completely around his leg and was starting to crawl down. We took him to the doctor and he said that Ammon has SHINGLES. Can you believe it?? I thought you had to be over the age of 65 to get shingles. But no... there is a 1 in 1,000 chance that a child will get it.... and looky here.... Ammon is that ONE child. I feel so bad for him. I know they hurt him but he is being such a trooper about it. He is sad that he can't play with any friends or go swimming, but I assured him that the blisters would go away and he wouldn't even remember they were there. (Hopefully they will!)


So... please keep Ammon in mind when you are saying your prayers. There really isn't any medication we can give him besides Children's Motrin. Thank you for all your help!

4 comments:

Amy @ OurScoop said...

Oh! That is awful! That poor kid! I'm sooo sorry! We'll have to definitely keep him in our prayers!

mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mary said...

That is so SAD! My sister had it a few years ago and said it was extremely painful! I hope your little guy gets better soon!

April said...

oh heavens! That is so crazy - my little boy always has random rashes but I've never seen Shingles! I hope he is doing ok :)
I do sell the diaper bags but they are kind of time-consuming so I'm not going to start making them again until September - but I would love to make you one then, let me know if you are still interested in a few months! See ya next month!?