Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rude awakenings!



This morning was a COLD morning in our humble abode. We all woke up complaining that we were freezing, so Jason went down stairs to check the thermostat. Low and behold... our gas went out some time during the night. Yep... we didn't even have HOT water to warm up our bodies. Jason tried to restart the pilot light several times but no luck. Then we decided to check the outside meter to see if everything was okay. This is what we found....




Our poor little meter was burried under an inch of ice. I don't blame it... I would have shut off too if I were covered in ice. So... we got out all our pans and filled them wih water and started heating them on the stove. We boiled the water and pored it over the frozen meter to try and help the gas come to back life again. (I'm not sure if we are actually allowed to do that, but it worked so I'm not complaining).




I don't know how people can actually survive living in COLD weather. I don't know if I can take much more of this COLD. I need to head to the beach and unthaw.

2 comments:

Quast Family said...

oh suck. welcome to winter. if only it were OVER!!

Joseph and Katie said...

I am with you there. I hate the cold when I am out in it. I love being snuggled up INSIDE with a fire and hot chocolate and watching the snow fall OUTSIDE! I think youguys are pretty smart to figure out how to get the heat to work again.