Thursday, January 29, 2009

I've become my mother!

The other day while I was doing Taliana's hair we had an interesting conversation...

  • Taliana: "Mom, why do you always talk to yourself?"

  • Me: "What do you mean?"

  • Taliana: "You know... when you are moving your lips and nothing comes out but you are moving your head and eyes."


  • Me: "Oh, all moms do that."


  • Taliana: "Does your mom do that?"


  • Me: "Yep!"


  • Taliana: "Oh" -- then she says under her breath... "I hope I don't do that when I'm a mom." Funny thing is... she JUST DID IT! hahahaha!

I remember observing my mom when I was younger. She used to talk to herself while she did the dishes (probably because she was upset that she was left doing them by herself - SORRY MOM!) and she used to talk to herself while she was driving. Which is what I have adapted to doing. I used to be SO embarrassed that she would do that (but NOW people are talking to themselves all over the place (aka. bluetooths)).

Anyways... I just thought it was funny and a GREAT observation on Taliana's part! Don't worry... ALL moms do that!

ps... Mom, I still love you. I now understand why you NEEDED that time to talk to yourself!

5 comments:

Troy and Jeni Miller said...

ok... so I just about fell out of my seat laughing OUT LOUD!!! How funny is that? Things you would never notice, become so obvious once someone just points them out to you. Keep up the good work Taliana:)

Bash's said...

Tee Hee. I think eventually we all turn into our mothers, whether we want to or not! But, your mom is wonderful and turning into her is a good thing!

T.I.D.S.A.H. said...

That was hilarious, you are such a cute mom. Yes, you are right, all mom's do it. Love ya, Tonya

Kristin said...

So, the other day after I read this last I really took notice of how much I talk to myself....Funny thing is that my mom made a comment that I like to talk to myself shortly after that, and I never realized I did! Go figure!

Kassie said...

Taliana is so cute! She's getting so big and grown.. :)