Monday, May 5, 2008

weekend rituals

If you've ever come to visit us for the weekend, you know that I LOVE to make breakfast. However, it is only a weekend thing though. Unless we are out of milk for cold cereal on school mornings, then I will make pancakes.


Sunday morning Taliana and Ammon wanted Pancakes for breakfast. They usually beg for crepes, so I jumped at the opportunity to make pancakes. It's just quicker. However, we didn't have anymore instant pancake mix, so I googled homemade pancakes. There were a few great recipes to choose from, but of course I found the best one submitted by Martha Stewart called Best Buttermilk Pancakes. Just a little tip I got from my friend Amy... if you don't have buttermilk on hand, you can just add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to every 1 cup milk needed. We love to find different toppings for our pancakes and crepes, but this is Jason's favorite.... strawberries and whipped cream. Very yummy!

1 comments:

Eliza said...

Those look amazing!! I LOVE breakfast for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I'm such a fan of pancakes. This is in no way a hint for an invite... but if you ever wanted to invite me over I'd accept (I've said enough).