Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Living Without!

So... we have decided to cut back on our expenses.  We are sad to say good-bye to cable & the internet.  When I told the kids we were going to be shutting off the cable they were pretty sad, but when I said we would be turning off the internet as well.... they were hysterical!  My kids love to go on the internet and play games.  But... they can find other things to love now.  I am pretty sad to say good-bye to cable because I love love love TLC, Discovery Health, and HGTV.  But... I too became a little hysterical when Jason said we would be turning off the internet.  "WHAT?!?  What am I supposed to do all day?"  Jason's kind response... "um, you can play with the kids."  ha ha ha ha.   


But now that I think about it... it is for the best.  I do spend quite a bit of time on the computer, so now I won't be tempted to sit and surf the net all day long.  I will be able to finish up my MANY "unfinished" projects.  I know it is going to be an adjustment, but it will be for the best.   

Okay.... I won't be completely without internet.  I will be able to get on with my iphone and also when Jason is home I can hook up the internet from his phone.  (thank goodness!)

Wish us luck!

ps... I will be doing weekly posts for updates, so just check back from time to time.  

6 comments:

Bash's said...

You are a brave soul. Cable- sure, Internet- NOOOOOO!!!!!
We too have been discussing ways to cut our spending. Luckily, the internet hasn't even crossed our minds. Steve needs it for work (thank heavens!!!). Good luck!

Kristin said...

I have to agree with Jayci, I could leave the cable behind...I would sure miss Lost though. But the internet is a whole different thing!

Quast Family said...

well, come down the street to my house if ya need to!!

Taylor Tribe said...

Welcome to the Clubbo!!!

Renée said...

I'm glad you will keep updating. Would miss you if I could stalk you.:)

Joseph and Katie said...

You guys are smart and brave. I wish you the best! Sorry I haven't been around for a while....How is it having Todd and Alesi up so close? We miss them so much. Take care!